Friday, February 19, 2016

Cambodia

Arin and I needed to renew our visas, so during TET holiday we took a trip to Cambodia.  We went by bus and returned by plane.  The bus ride was $15 for a 12 hour trip, the plane was $125 for 35 minutes, and you know what, we actually enjoyed the bus ride more.  We were given snacks and watched movies, plus, at our lunch stop I had the best ginger beef.  Usually my right leg kills me after sitting in most chairs seats for more than 15 minutes, but not on this bus.  I would not describe the seats as comfortable, but my leg liked them anyway.  At the end of our journey, waiting at the bus stop in Cambodia, we were many tuk tuk drivers.  A tuk tuk is a carriage hitched to a motorcycle.  They are quite cute.  They can fit 4 comfortably with their padded seats and fringed top.  Of course most of them are old and dilapidated, but being a passenger still feels like royalty.  Tiger was our driver.  He offered to take us to the ruins tomorrow and anywhere else we wanted to go, at a cost of  $18 for the day.  I have his facebook  page so I can refer him to you if you are going to Siem Reep, the town is which we stayed.  I had book a hotel online for $20. We arrived after dark, but I could see that the hotel lobby was just as gorgeous as the online pictures.  The walls and ceiling are made of carved wood and are so fabulous that you have to see it to believe it.  My pictures do not do it justice.  If you are a wood enthusiast, look up HKN Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap.  You will be awed.

1 comment:

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...