Thursday, February 11, 2016

Invitation to speak at a local high school

One of Thahn Su's friends, Thien, is a math teacher and asked if Arin and I would help distribute stuff to the poor kids.  Well that 's what I thought he asked.....We accepted, then arrived to find ourselves as the honored guests at an award ceremony facing hundreds of high school students.  We were seated at the head table and given lucky money to distribute to the high scorers on the state tests.  At one point, I was asked to give a speech.  Of course I was not prepared  and am now forever memorialized on DVD stumbling through a speech in front of 800 students.  To further my embarrassment, I was wearing shorts while everyone else was dressed up.  My friend said it didn't matter because they were used to it from Americans, but still, I apologize to all Americans for embarrassing us so!  At the end  of the assembly, Arin and I were given gifts of a 2016 SanDiego calendar and wall clocks.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...