Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Vietnamese culture

I had previously been complaining about the lack of culture in Vietnam, but looking at my last two posts, I know that I am learning about their culture, just not what I expected.  I have been looking for the artistic culture like I saw in Mexico, but what I am experiencing is the social culture and it is definitely much different than ours.  For one, if someone wants to take you somewhere or give you something, it is going to happen no matter how much you protest.  Secondly, it is almost impossible to pay for anything, even when you are the host.  Thirdly, progress happens very slowly.  Yesterday, the train bridge was collapsed by a barge, thus shutting down the train route from HoChiMinh City to the rest of Vietnam.  The locals estimate a period of several years before it is repaired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...