Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Opening a bank account

I now have a Vietnamese bank account.  I tried to deposit some of the cash I brought but this is not allowed.  The account is only for paycheck deposit.  Pat and I both opened accounts today and then she took us to the supermarket.  I think we are going to have so much fun making food, with so many interesting ingredients to try.  We told the taxi driver Co Op Mart, but the Vietnamese do not finish their words, so the cab driver knows it as Co Op Mar.....

We have been to our helper friend´s restaurant twice now and realize that most of the little street side booths specialize in only one dish, and they are open at only one times, either breakfast lunch or dinner.  So tonight we decided to eat at a regular restaurant for dinner.  I took one look at the extensive menu and it was just a blur or characters. Luckily, Arin is picking up the Vietnamese language and realized the dishes were organized by noodle, rice, bread, etc,  I found the rice page and just picked one. It tasted alright but it was the worst job of cooking I have ever experienced.  I thought I was going to break my tooth on the overcooked rice mounds.  We won´t be going there again.  I wish I could post a picture, but blogger does not operate so well in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...