Friday, November 27, 2015

How did I get rooked into this talent show ????

ILA is giving us a Christmas Party which includes entertainment provided by us, the staff.  Today was try outs and our center was requested to design an act. Some of my female coworkers had already designed an act and wanted more people so I was asked to join.  I had my one and only  practice yesterday and I just did not think I could learn the songs since they were all in foreign languages, so after the practice  I tried to get out of it, to no avail. So today, my co workers and I performed love songs.  Two of the songs were really pretty and worth checking out on you tube. The Vietnamese song is called, Neu Nhr Anh Den.  The Afrikan song is called, Kaptein.   The judges are going to choose one talent from each of the centers.   Luckily for our center, we  have Tom who received an enthusiastic ovation for his saxophone performance and is sure to be chosen!  Everybody was IMPRESSED!

The contest was in Saigon which is 17km from Bien Hoa, an hour drive.   Lydia wanted to leave early on the bus, and I needed to learn the bus system, so I left with her.  First she showed me some sights including Notre Dame and a modern mall called Diamond Plaza, then treated me for coffee at her favorite spot.  Afterwards, we rode the bus for 15,000 VDN ($1.35), instead of the 550,000VDN ($25) for the taxi.  Of course the buses have no air, and the other problem is that you have to run along side the bus in order to get on, because it does not stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...