Monday, January 25, 2016

Grocery shopping with the family

Arin and I have become quite good friends with Thanh Su, the music teacher, and his friends.  We were invited to lunch at his female friend Dung's home today.  Her home is housed in a vegetarian restaurant. Her son Anh Hoang is the cook. We couldn't have made better friends.  Usually, socializing is a big problem for Arin because he is vegetarian, so to be friends with vegetarians is perfect for us, especially since all socializing involves eating food, and lots of it. I have had many tofu dishes in Vietnam, and Anh Hoang is the first cook who has made it edible.  Apparently, fried tofu can be quite tasty if done right.  After breakfast, 9 of us hopped into the van *there are no installed seat belts* and had fruit juice on the river, and then 6 of us went shopping at Metro in Saigon, the best Metro, I was told.  Dung helped me choose some new interesting food items, and vegetarian frozen food for Arin.  The whole store is decorated with red lanterns and monkeys as we are close to Lunar New Year's day and it is the year of the monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...