Thursday, January 21, 2016

Do you seriously want me to ride a bicycle in this traffic!

Arin is off with Thang Su today receiving what he thinks is a bicycle.  On the way home in the car last night, Arin was sitting by Thang Su and Thang Su offered him a gift of what he thinks is a bicycle and is hoping is not a motorbike.  Of course Arin was trying to refuse the gift but ultimately was not successful.  Thang Su just came to collect him, so I will update when he returns.

Almost everyone in Vietnam drives a scooter but, although it looks like fun and is safer than walking, I have decided not to buy one as everywhere I go is within 1 mile.  I have been considering a bike, so it would be a nice gift for me.

Arin and I have decided that at our next Vietnamese class, we need a lesson in how to politely refuse a gift in Vietnam.

Update: Yes it was a bicycle and Arin took his life in his hands riding it home.  I tried riding it but the tire was flat.  I asked one of my adult students where I could get it repaired and next thing I knew, he was phoning me at 6:30 am and driving me to the repair shop, and then paying for everything.  This friend's name is Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...