Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The smoothie search.

Ever since we arrived, I had been searching for a nearby juice- smoothie stand.  As the cost of fresh squeezed juice in the USA is prohibitive, we were spoiled in Mexico where we had fresh bottles of juice in the fridge at all times, purchased for next to nothing. I had expected to find the same thing here but it is not to be.  Fresh juice is only sold by the glass and is not so cheap.   Now that I have reconciled myself to the fact that all developing countries are not the same, I was able to find my smoothie stand. Yesterday I ordered fresh squeezed orange juice which is of course my favorite fresh juice, and today I had a strawberry smoothie. Yes, yes, smoothies are made with sweetened condensed milk, but I have decided that I do not care because they are DELICIOUS.  Between the yogurt and the fruit and the milk, it is two thirds nutritious.......... right...........?   Also, the barista, Dung, and I are now facebook friends.  We are teaching each other to  speak our perspective languages.  Of course she is practically fluent and I know 10 words........

She has invited me to join her tomorrow for homemade tiramasu cake and we are going to discuss Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...