Monday, December 14, 2015

Building my food network

The biggest thrill of coming to a new country is building up my food network. First, it's the juice.  Last night, I was introduced to what has to be the best won ton soup in town, possible in all of Vietnam, and it is right outside my door.  I had been hearing about this noodle place but no one wanted to take me there.  Finally, a former teacher came for a visit and wanted to go. They will definitely be seeing me again. 

Today I tried to have breakfast at the restaurant near our old hotel.  They serve three choices for breakfast:, pork chops with rice, an egg sandwich and of course, a bowl of noodles. They wouldn´t serve me for some reason, so I walked down the street and stumbled upon a lady making omelets.  I signaled that I wanted one but ended up with a cold cut sandwich instead.  Well, it was delicious.  Tomorrow I will try to order the eggs using Vietnamese.  Fried eggs ( op la`) is one of the first words we learned, because we had them every day we stayed at the  hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...