Tuesday, December 1, 2015

First day of teaching

This is one of the few posts which is actually written on the correct day.  Today I will have my first class of students.  I worked on the lesson plans yesterday out by the pool.  Midway through my planning, my pen ran out so I ran upstairs to the school in my bathing suit.  In all my teaching I have never said that I went to school in  my bathing suit.  I hope this is not the last time.  Maybe one day I will be running up from the beach!  All week I have been observing classrooms and have not seen a huge discipline problem.  I do not know why there was such a big focus on it during induction.  Compared to American students who hit us, yell at us, swear at us and throw things at us, these children are angels.

I am back from my lesson.  Earlier, I ran into the director for the center and he wrote a lesson plan for me.  The problem was that once in the classroom, I could not find the needed items on the computer, so I had to adlib.   There are some discipline problems, the worst being students hitting and  pushing each other.  I had to nip that in the bud; next I will be dealing with the talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...