Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Starting on the next set of work visa steps

I have been employed for about 2 weeks and today had my health check at the hospital. It was so efficient I could not believe it.  I went from one station to another like I was at Ellis Island.  Pat and I were commenting about how much slower it would have been in the USA.  First of all, there would be a 45 minute wait to just get started.  Each station would have been another 30 minute wait and filling a  prescription  would have been a 24 hour wait rather than 2.4 minutes.  Luckily all is well with my health.  Note. Pat's prescription was wrong.

The receptionist just knocked on the door wanting my passport to prepare the permanent resident card.  The next step after that is get a local police check.  I forget what is next but I am sure there will be something.

Of course the health check was in Saigon as is everything. so I had to pay for my own cab to Saigon, rather than the school paying.  The driver did not know how to get to Bien Hoa so took the wrong exit ramp off the highway.  So guess what he did to correct himself?  He drove right back up the ramp in reverse and against traffic. A gal on a motorcycle was following us all the way up, except that she was driving forward.  Lucky me, I got to pay an extra $200,000 VDN for his round about route.

Note |I found out that one of the teachers has been here 3 years without a work visa, so I a wondering why I am going through all this bother..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...