Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Job offer!

June 3, 2015

The subject line of my email reads:  Job offer in Shanghai.

Can you believe the timing!  I receive the job offer one day after my thyroid surgery.  My friend Leslie brings me home from the hospital and Arin is waiting for me with the news.  My first thought was that I wish I would have received the email a day earlier because instead of gambling and having only part of the thyroid removed, I would have taken my sisters advice to "¨Take the %·//·!= thing out!"  She has had thyroid cancer and related problems for 30 years and is an expert on the subject.

The job sounds like a good offer.  I get a free apartment, free flight, medical insurance and a salary.  Of course I say yes!  The next step is too submit all the documents and begin preparing my house for rental.  I ask my friend Judy to advise me as she has been in the property management business for decades.  She tells me I need to paint the entire inside of the house a neutral color among other things.  I have a ton of furniture, etc., to get rid of or put in storage.  This will be quite a project.  At least the yard looks good.  In Oaxaca I wore the same 12 pieces of clothing over and over.  In China I will need to dress professionally so will cull my wardrobe down to 10 or so suits, but what about the shoes!!!???!!!  I can not believe Arin has only one pair.  Girls just do not operate like that!

The job starts September 1, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...