Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What documents are required?

June 5, 2015
Here is a copy of the email I received from China:
Please get these documents prepared and E-mail them back to me:
1. Copy of your passport.
2. Non Criminal Record (See attachement and scan it back)
3. Fill in the the Work Permit Application (See attachement and scan it back)
4. Diploma
5. Reference Letter from your current work position.
6. Physcial Check Form (Personal doctor or hospital prove you can work)
7. Contract (See attachement and sign) 
8. Are you coming to China alone? Or with your family? If so, please also send a copy of passport of your family member.
If you plan to apply overseas, have ready, copies of all these documents.  Because I am not prepared, I may not be able to procure the required documents on time.  Here are some problems I am having and some advice.

Passport:  China, as well as many other countries, will not allow entrance to their country if your passport expires in 6 months or less.  Mine expires in October so I have to pay extra money to have a new passport rush delivered.

Diploma:  I cannot find mine.  I check on my college website and unimaginably cannot request a copy online???!!!  I must download a form, pay money, and mail in the request.  It takes up to 7 weeks to send me a diploma???!!!   Since I do not have a working printer at home, I have to find a place to print documents.  Also I am currently experimenting living in the suburbs without a car, so it takes me an hour and a half to reach the government run job center by bus instead 6 minutes by car.

Physical check form:  China did not send me a form so I went to my doctor and told her I needed a physical check form.  She said that her hospital does not have such a form.  I explained that I only needed a piece of paper which stated that I am able to travel and work outside of the country.  You may need to prepare your own form and have your doctor fill it out.  You could possibly obtain one from an urgent care facility.  She just flat out said there was nothing she could prepare and anyway, she can not give me a medical release until my surgeon releases me.  You may need to prepare your own form and have your doctor fill it out.  You could possibly obtain one from an urgent care facility.

China requested I send documents as I prepare them, so I have sent 1,2,3,5 and 7 so far.  I sent a copy of the old passport since I do not have the updated one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...