Sunday, October 11, 2015

How to save money and how not to save money at the post office. Media mail.

How not to save money:  I went to the post office to check out an offer for $2 off a $25 gift card purchased at USPS.  Unfortunately this offer is a dud.  Come to find out, these gift cards come with a $5.95 activation fee. Why in the world do the post office marketers think that $2 off of $28.95 is a good deal for a $25 gift card when gift cards are sold everywhere else for the face value with no activation fee.  Luckily, I had to go to the post office anyway so did not waste a trip.  I was there because I had found a stack of letters from an old pen pal.  A pen pal is defined as a person with whom you exchange letters through the mail. There are no guidelines, you just tell each other about your life.   We became pen pals because we were both in girl scouts earning our pen pal badge.  I thought she might  get a kick out of reading them the old letters.  They were mostly about her cats.

How to save money: Use MEDIA MAIL, rather than first class, to send books and papers.  This can especially save you a lot of money if you are selling on Amazon or Ebay.  If you plan to send an excess of mail, you may require vetting by the postmaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...