Tuesday, October 13, 2015

International neighbors sharing recipes.

My international neighbors like to share their native food.  I finally had Borsch.  It was not bad tasting and very pretty.  When I want to reciprocate, I do not reciprocate with American food because really what do we have:   bbq, hot dogs, hamburgers, pie, nothing that anyone else does  not have.  So, I must share with them, food from other cultures to which they have no association.  A couple months ago I made Tacos for everyone and this week I shared Hummus.  I even made roasted beet hummus for my Ukranian neighbors since the soviets are so fond of beets.  So far no one has approached me with a positive analysis of the beet hummus..  I guess tahini is something for which one has to develop a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...