Thursday, October 1, 2015

My home town Rancho Cordova is the most culturally diverse city in the world

I really do not need to leave home to experience the cultures of the world. According to many polls, Rancho Cordova is the most culturally diverse city in the world. For example, on the north side of my house are my neighbors from the Philippines Marianne and Brett. The neighbors on my south side are Ludbov and Sasha who just bought the house.   The two neighbors across the street are also Ukrainian.  What all my neighbors have in common is the fact that they owned farms in their original country.  Marianne raises chickens which Ludbov thought were mine, so when she saw Marianne 's yard she suggested to me, "You remain in United States and we can all raise chickens and have good life." Her husband Sasha is, and has been, raising pigeons for most of his life.  It is his hobby.  Every day Ludbov finds another reason for me to stay in USA.  I always tell her, "You got to live in two countries, now I get to."  The other day she found out that I had lived in Mexico for 6 months and said, "You already lived in two countries, you stay"  Now I need a new comeback....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...