Saturday, October 24, 2015

Back to the drawing board

Moving on to plan B.  Arin has already been sending inquiries and has several responses, but they are all from recruiting agencies.  Our current thinking is to find the cheapest country to fly to, then inquire around town like we did in Mexico.  My nephew responded and lists Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam as having the lowest cost of living, so our search will begin with those three.  My sister and brother in law are currently in Asia and also suggest Cambodia.

If the Chinese visa comes through while we are in Asia, so be it. 

 I waited another six weeks for that to happen and finally turned to my son Arin and said ``Start applying for jobs and other Asian countries”. I was really looking forward to having Chinese food everyday so I tell him to focus on the food and the ratio of pay to cost of living.

After some research this is the list.

Thailand: Reported to have the best food in the world, pay at around $10 per hour.

Vietnam: I love the Vietnamese restaurant in our neighborhood and the pay is $20 per hour.

Taiwan:  I've been seeing the label made in Taiwan since I was a kid so it sounds very exotic to me. Will the diet consist of Chinese food? The pay is $20 per hour. 

We settle on Vietnam because it uses the Roman alphabet and the living cost to pay is the best in Asia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...