Monday, October 26, 2015

Interview for Vietnam

I had a skype interview for a private school in Vietnam.  It was more involved than I had thought but went well.  The next step of the interview process is to present a 2 hour lesson plan.   Luckily it is based on a poem about a band.  These are the kind of lesson plans I like and it should be fairly easy.

We are not going to wait around for a job offer so decided to book a ticket.  Arin goes on the airplane website and finds out that my airline now offer trips to Vietnam, so we attempt to book on line for November 10.  For our flight, the web says there are 3 seats available.  By the time we finish the transaction, we get an error message stating that the seats just sold out.  I am in California and it is 10 pm on the west coat which means it is 1 am on the east coast.  Seriously, are there that many people in America booking flights to Vietnam RIGHT NOW!

So, we input for the next day and pay.  Right when I say to Arin, ¨Now we can tell everyone that we have a date... we are foiled again.  The reservation can not be completed and we need to call customer service.  Although I was impressed with the short hold time, the rep encounters information she has never seen before.  The third leg of the journey is run by a local airline which has seats available, but they are denying them.  I ask the rep what denying means and she says that sometimes they just deny seats.  I ask her to check for the 11th which the web also says has three seats.  She finds that there only one of the three seats is available which means, again, that two people were booking the fight at the exact same time as us.  She suggests calling back every few hours but I am very leery of this local airline.  I do not want the third leg of my trip cancelled at the last minute.  Of course, for these kind of reasons, I always purchase trip insurance, but we decide to sleep on it and make a new plan in the morning.  I can not believe an airline would deny available seats; in America, the land of capitalism, if money is offered for a product or service, the provider takes it.  Apparently, Asians are motivated by something other than the almighty dollar. Well, we already know that age is a big issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ceased this blog and switched to an new one which tells of my journey through the eyes of my water bottles.  To conclude this blog, we end...